Sunday, May 2, 2010

15 weeks

Well little Sweetcheeks, mama is now 15 weeks pregnant with you. Each week I excitedly read what is going on with you in a few different books and in an email. This week, according to the email
"Continuing the march towards normal proportions, baby's legs now outmeasure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably still can't feel the movements."
Actually they are wrong! Well, the first part I assume is right but the whole "can't feel movements" isn't. Last night for the first time I felt those cute tiny little flutters. *insert huge grin here* I love that little popcorn popping-butterfly kisses feeling. And they always compare the size of you to a fruit. {I assume because it's an easy reference} When you were itty-bitty you were the size of an appleseed, then it was a blueberry. By the end of the first trimester, you were the size of a plum but this week, from head to bottom you are the size of an apple (about 4 inches) and weighs 2.5 ounces. By the end you'll be a watermelon but an apple is good for now. :)
And because I think it's cool how detailed they get, and because your oldest brothers love looking at these, here is how you look inside:
Bubba and Pooks think that it is so funny that you are upside down this week and they love finding out how big you are. Peanut isn't quite old enough to "get" it but he does love to give my belly kisses. You can ask him where the baby is and he'll kiss my belly. It is so stinking cute! Slobbery but cute!

So what does mommy look like? Well this was a couple days ago, but I've stayed the same:

No comments:

Post a Comment