Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boo!

(I am terrible about finding the time to blog...I apologize! Things are hectic and we have some big changes happening at the Tic Tac household...more about that later though.)
one again, I took a pic facing the sun and no one wanted to look

Leaves are falling, temperatures are dropping and Halloween is just around the corner. Halloween in my favorite holiday and my kids are following in my footsteps. They decided last spring that they wanted to be Scooby Doo for Halloween. Well eventually that evolved to being the 'bad guys' from Scooby Doo. A Mummy, a Skeleton and ''The Ghost of Pirate Redbeard'' to be exact. Well on Saturday, they're costumes were debuted to them...Mommy had finally finished making them.{with the exception of Peanut's...his was Bubba's old costume from 2 years ago} If I had been thinking, I would have made up a tutorial for Pooks' mummy costume but I didn't think ahead...sorry!

On Sunday, we took the boys to the Zoo for their annual Halloween Trick or Treat trail. They were beyond excited to show off their costumes and "be spooky". So without further ado:
The Mummy
The Skeleton
Ghost of Redbeard (aka, a Pirate)
and while I don't have a picture, Sweetcheeks was a tutu-wearing Pumpkin :) She was super tired and everytime B would hold her up for a pic, she'd start screaming. We'll work on getting her pic this week...it will definitely happen though. 

The kids had an absolute blast at the Zoo. They raked in a ton of candy and compliments. We saw one other skeleton, one pumpkin, quite a few pirates and no other Mummy's. It was a gorgeous day and I'm really glad that we ventured out. It was our first real public outing as a family of six and it was a success. (I'm not counting quick grocery trips). 
 As if a group of six wasn't enough, we actually went with Hollie, baby Aubrey and Landon (above), in addition to one of Hollie's good friends and her 2 kids. Total we had 8 kids, 4 and under and they all did wonderful. No tantrums or meltdowns...it was a lot of fun!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment